Watch this video about common breastfeeding difficulties and tips for overcoming them.
Managing challenges covers:
- common breastfeeding difficulties and tips for overcoming them
- sore nipples and pain
- importance of getting breastfeeding help early
- infections, blocked ducts and mastitis
- engorged breasts
- importance of feeding on both breasts
- growth spurts and how often baby wants to feed
This video clip is based on a Breastfeeding NZ, Ministry of Health DVD that follows nine women on their breastfeeding journey. The DVD is distributed to mums and mums-to-be by their lead maternity carer. You can also view this and other video clips online at the Breastfeeding NZ YouTube channel.